iCharger 406 Duo is designed with safety as the number one priority. Numerous cut-off and safety features are offered to the user.
Two Independent Channels
- Capacity Cut Off – User can set a capacity limit for a charge cycle. The charger will stop once this limit is reached, avoiding over charging of a battery. This is particularly useful for batteries that don’t display normal characteristics during normal use or charge, normally as a result of poor quality or previous damage.
- Timer Cut Off – User set timer limit will terminate the charge process once the allocated time is reached.
- Internal Temperature Cut Off - Internal temperature sensor and temperature controlled automatic cooling FAN controls the internal temperature and provides intelligent protection. When the internal temperature is over 60℃(140 F), the output power is automatically reduced by 25%. If the temperature exceeds 65℃(149 F) the charge cycle is stopped.
- External Temperature Cut Off – Using an external temperature sensor, iCharger 406 Duo will stop the charge cycle if the temperature of the battery exceeds user set level.
- Cell Count - Automatically checks number of cells in a pack to see if this matches user setting before beginning any function.
- Voltage Protections - The iCharger 406 Duo has protection for reversed polarity (input or output), as well as low input voltage.
iCharger 406 Duo is a two channel independent charger. The charger is capable of charging 2 separate 6s packs on each channel. That’s a total of 12s! Each channel is independent and can be used for different batteries or charge / discharge cycles at once.Power
iCharger 406 Duo is the most powerful iCharger model. Featuring up to 40amps (1000 watts max) on each channel, or 70 amps (1400 watts max) when used synchronous mode. Synchronous mode is when both channels are wired in parallel to charge one battery pack. In this mode, the chargers total combined output current is maximum 70amsp and 2000 watts. Battery Types
iCharger 406 Duo can charge any type of battery chemistry. Including all popular Lithium battery chemistries (Lipo, LiFe, LiLo), Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh), Nickel Cadmium (NiCd), Sealed Lead Acid, Deep Cycle Lead Acid, Starter Lead Acid batteries and much more.Balance Charge Options
The iCharger 406 Duo has a built in integrated cell balancer and can be used with three types of lithium batteries (LiPo, Lilo, LiFe). iChargers design uses accurate balancing techniques to ensure that the voltage of each individual cell is the same during charge. Other battery chargers evaluate the battery’s charge state based on the total voltage of the pack, not each individual cell.
Greater control over balance charge setting. Ability to either set to start balance charging when voltage reaches a user set value, or start balancing from beginning or part way through the (Lithium) charge cycle. Feature set balance settings offer greater user control of the charge cycle.Battery Monitoring
Unique battery monitor function. Allowing user to monitor battery voltage (per cell), temperature, power and much more, while in normal use. This is a unique function that offers options to compare battery performance, check the condition of a battery, and establish if the battery is suitable for its intended application.Regenerative Discharge Over Two Channels
64 Memory Function
- iCharger 406 Duo features iChargers unique regenerative discharge function. When enabled, the charger sends the depleted energy in a discharge cycle back to the power source, recharging the power source at the same time. In this mode the power source needs to be a rechargeable battery.
- As a two channel charger, iCharger 406 Duo has the added bonus capability of regenerative discharge over the two output channels. Allowing the user to discharge a battery on channel one and send the depleted energy to be used in a charge cycle on channel two.
iCharger 406 Duo features 64 programmable memories. Allowing the user to pre set any numerous charge, discharge and safety settings to one of the 64 available memories. Easily and quickly recalling the settings any time, avoiding the need to constantly change the charger settings when charging different batteries or multiple battery packs in parallel.Screen
iCharger 406 Duo features a large TFT LCD screen that provides rich information including current, voltage, power, capacity, internal resistance, control status, charge time and much more. More data than ever before!Servo and Pulse Test
iCharger 406 Duo includes built in Servo test special function. Utilising the large TFT screen, the user is able to view a clear graphic display off the servos speed, senility, fixed point and much more.
iCharger Servo Test function include; Linear Rest, Fixed Point Test, Speed Test and Auto CW/CCW Test.PC Compatibility
iCharger 406 Duo is firmware upgradable via its USB connection to a PC.
iCharger 406 Duo supports “logview” software. Allowing analysis and display of charge and discharge data. This gives you an extremely accurate comparison and analysis of the battery condition and performance.SD Card Slot
iCharger 406 Duo features an SD car slot. Allowing user to save charge and battery data to an SD card.